Working time of Reading Room: Monday-Thursday, from 9am to 3pm and Friday from 9am-12pm
Archival records in The Archives of Bosnia-Herzegovina, as mutual heritage of citizens and people of Bosnia-Herzegovina, may be used in official, legal, theaching, scientific, cultural, publish and evidential purposes, as well as evidence for constitutional and legal rights of citizens.
Every person may use archives in equal conditions, in accordance with provisions of Archives and Archives of Bosnia-Herzegovina Act («Službeni glasnik BiH» No 16/2001), Recommendations of Council of Europe on Archives and Act of freedom of access to informations in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Public archives are, in principle, accessible 30 years after their creation, if there are no special requests by their creator.
Public archives related on particular persons may be used 10 years after death of person, or earlier if it is approved by his / her spouse, children or parents.
If scientific or other real reasons make using archives from paragraph 1 of this article necessary, that archives may be used in a way which guarantee the protection of persons interests, without mention of names or on other proper way.
Private archives that became possession of competent archival institution by deposit, gift or purchase, are available for use under the conditions and in the same way as public archives, unless this has not been regulated otherwise by transfer record or by contract.
Terms of access and use of archival records in Archives of Bosnia-Herzegovina are defined by the Archives and the Archives of Bosnia-Herzegovina Act, Regulations for the use of archives in the Archives of Bosnia-Herzegovina and Regulations on Reading Room.
Consulting of public archives (in same time access to informations) is reduced or prohibited if:
1. harming interests of Bosnia-Herzegovina or its entities, especially: interests of defence and security; foreign affairs, monetary politics and public security;
2. makes harmful consequences to corporate bodies of persons;
3. being used in contrary with requests of their owner and creator, or if deponent restricts access;
4. there are indications about manipulations on archives;
5. the archives are damaged, in archival processing, in process of resturation, or if they are in consulting by another user
Unarranged, damaged and archives in processing, in principle, are not accessible. In special cases, this kind of archives may be used, but with a special approval issued by director.